ASEAN member states (AMS) signed the ASEAN Agreement on Transboundary Haze Pollution (AATHP) on 10 June 2002 in KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, to prevent, monitor and mitigate land and forest fires to control transboundary haze pollution through concerted national efforts, regional and international cooperation.
SUPA Component 1 is mandated to support the establishment of ACC THPC and support to the Interim ACC THPC. The Expert will provide services to support and strengthen the capacity of the interim ACC THPC in effectively facilitating cooperation and coordination among the AMS and relevant agencies to build capacity and enhancing preparedness to land and forest fires and haze pollution control and minimize impacts of future regional haze occurrences.
Following activities are performed:
- Assist the KM Expert to develop technical, analytical, monitoring and reporting frameworks, and related tools, system, and database of the interim ACC THPC.
- Maintain regular contracts and provide technical assistance and advice to NMCs regarding the data consolidation, analysis, and processing in line with the SOP and current regional arrangements.
- Administration or content management of the ASEAN Haze Action Online.
- Work Closely with data center within ASEAN region and beyond.
- Provide IT related support to the project.